Administrators, also called admins or sysops (system operators), are editors that have access to special features that help keep Wiktionary running smoothly. They have access to these features because they are trusted by the community, but this does not make them better or more important than anybody else.
Things they can do[change]
- Delete pages
- Protect and unprotect pages and edit protected pages, including those in the MediaWiki namespace.
- Requests can be made at Wiktionary:Administrators' noticeboard. Please remember that pages are usually protected when there is vandalism or an edit war is in process, and not to prevent vandalism.
- Block disruptive users
- Rollback changes
- Administrators can rollback all changes by a user and it is automatically marked as minor and gives the following edit summary:
- Reverted changes by User A (talk) to last version by User B
A bureaucrat is a slightly higher administrative level than sysop and can perform a few additional functions. Bureaucrats can give and remove sysop permission and grant bureaucrat status to other users after a successful request. They can also "flag" bots, which hides a user's contributions from the new changes and puts them in the bot group. Requests for name changes should be made on the talk page of one of the listed bureaucrats.
Please see the request for permissions page to nominate yourself or another user for administrator or bureaucrat status.
List of administrators[change]
- You can look at an automatic list at Special:Listusers/sysop
This wiki allows Global sysops to perform uncontroversial admin actions when urgent and hence all global sysops have the admin rights here.
- Current global sysops can be found at Special:GlobalUsers/Global_sysops.
- steward) (current