Revenue is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) Revenue is the money that business receives for doing business, and government receives from taxes.
- Higher oil prices should raise government revenue by 13%.
- Individual taxpayers today provide a bigger share of our tax revenues than they did before.
- The company earned 20% of its revenues from services such as consulting, software and management.
- The City is happy because a new source of revenue has been located.