Regulation is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) A regulation is a rule or a control.
- The company has recently imposed new safety rules and regulations to reduce accidents.
- My old school regulation is different than ISB because it has many unnecessary rules.
- (uncountable) Regulation is the process of controlling something, usually with rules.
- The government is reducing regulation of the airlines.
- If something is regulation, it is made or done according to the rules.
- This isn't a regulation soccer ball. It's too small.