- (countable) A pro is somebody who is very good at what they do; short for professional.
- She's real pro who cares about her job.
- When it comes to computers, Jacob's an old pro.
- (countable) A pro is somebody who is paid to play sports, sometimes as a teacher; short for professional.
- He began his career as a golf pro in Indiana, and later taught golf to Bob Hope.
- Pros in the Tour de France often ride custom bicycles that cost over $10,000.
- She turned pro in March 2000 at 14, making her the youngest female professional in South Korea.
- Pro basketball is one of the country's top sports.
- (countable); (plural) The pros and cons of a situation are the positive parts and the negative parts.
- What are the pros and cons of going from one method to the other?
Related words [change]
- If you are pro something, you like it, you support it, or you think it's a good idea.
- Yet when they got into the war, he was very pro the country winning the war.