Phenomenon is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Other spellings [change]
- A phenomenon is a fact or event that you can observe (see or hear or sense), especially one that is not fully understood.
- But this explanation is not enough to explain the observed phenomena.
- Football violence is not a particularly new phenomenon, and it isn't only a British problem.
- These scientists study such phenomena as storms and changing climate.
- A phenomenon is a person, show, book, etc. that is very popular.
- 'N Sync was something of a pop music phenomenon in the late 90s.
- Snakes as pets are not a new phenomenon, but they do seem to be growing more popular.