- (UK) IPA: /'məʊmənt/, SAMPA: /"m@Um@nt/
- (US) IPA: /'moʊmənt/, SAMPA: /"moUm@nt/
- Audio (US)help, file
- (countable) A moment is a very short time. It is not an exact measurement.
- Geraldine sat on the bed and thought for a moment.
- He jumped out of the way at the last moment.
- Don't worry. I'll be back in a moment.
- I'm sorry. She's on the phone at the moment. Can I ask who's calling?
- Just a moment, please, Sam. I'm talking to your sister.
- (uncountable) importance
- It was a lie, but one of no great moment.