Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) Irony is something which means opposite of what it says literally; it is generally used humorously.
- (countable & uncountable) An irony is the strange quality of a situation when something happens in an unexpected but connected way.
- The irony is that making kids sit in class is probably a bad way to make them learn.
- It would be ironic for Matt, being a professional gymnast, to die while jumping on the trampoline.
- If something is irony, it has to do with the metal iron.
- This food has an irony taste to it.