Intensity is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (uncountable) The intensity of something is the amount of it in a given time or space.
- These flowers suffer from high intensity of sunlight.
- It all depends on the intensity of the work, not the amount.
- (countable & uncountable) Intensity is a high level of power, strength, feeling, etc.
- Marie understood the intensity of the old woman's hatred.
- The intensity of the pain made him scream.
- She spoke with a new intensity.