- (UK) enPR: /gā/, IPA: /geɪ/, SAMPA: /geI/
- (US) enPR: /gā/, IPA: /geɪ/, SAMPA: /geI/
- Audio (US)help, file
- (old, no longer used) Happy or cheerful.
- I'm very gay today!
- (old, no longer used) Colorful, festive or bright.
- "Don we now our gay apparel...." - "Deck the Halls"
- Another word for homosexual.
- I'm hetero, but my sister is gay.
- About homosexual people, or about homosexuality.
- If I had known she was homosexual I would not have told him her gay jokes.
- (informal) Characteristic of homosexual appearance or behavior (often in a stereotypical sense).
- Dude, you like Titanic? That's kind of gay.
- (slang) Stupid, not cool.
- This game is gay, let's play something else.
- (informal) A homosexual person. This is usually a man, but could be a woman (lesbian).
- The gays were marching in protest yesterday.