- (countable) A direction is a way to move or point.
- "Where is the post office?" "I think it's that direction."
- Which direction is north?
- We were walking up Queen St. when she suddenly turned and starting walking in the opposite direction.
- (always plural) Directions are steps that tell you what to do or how to do something.
- Your doctors directions are to take two of these with water before eating.
- (uncountable) Direction is control or management.
- The company is now under the direction of new owners.
- Arrows pointing in various directions
Related words [change]