- (countable) A person or animal that is older than a child but younger than an adult. Unlike teenager, adolescent does not mean an age in years; adolescent means someone who is changing from a child to an adult at any age.
- Some people are think a 23 year old is an adolescent.
- In some places a 13 year old might be called an adult, not an adolescent.
- The teacher worked mostly with adolescents.
- If something is adolescent it is typical of adolescents.
- The way he acted was so adolescent that he got no respect.