Administration is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (uncountable) Administration is the process of running and organising an organisation such as a business or government.
- The mayor is responsible for the administration of the town.
- He wanted to go into politics, so he studied public administration at university.
- (countable & uncountable) The administration are the people who run and organise an organisation such as a business or government.
- In short, the administration does not actually know why it wants a space station.
- The Bush administration has one of the worst records of any American government.
Related Words [change]
(administrator) (administrate) (administrative)