This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wiktionary that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion. For rollback or autopatrol rights, please go here.
Spotted vandalism? Report it on this page too!
New Wikimedia password policy and requirements[change]
A vandal to block[change]
- Due to the extent of cross-wiki vandalism from this IP, I have reported it at Meta. Pkbwcgs (talk) 16:17, 5 February 2019 (UTC)
- Ah thanks, see they're now globally blocked. J991 16:47, 5 February 2019 (UTC)
- I'm not so keen on blocking this IP given that they're only on their second edit overall, however if there's another edit I'd be happy to reconsider. Hiàn (talk) 19:33, 9 April 2019 (UTC)
- Not done. Sorry but I don't exactly think you have the experience to run AWB on this wiki - you have fairly minimal experience cross-wiki and this is your only edit to simplewikt. AWB is a tool that has the ability to disrupt the wiki on a large scale and because of that requesters need some level of trust - you don't have it at the moment. Hiàn (talk) 21:42, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Hiàn: Ok but let me show you my awb edits on plWiki HERE Krzysiek 123456789 (talk) 12:00, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Krzysiek 123456789: yes, I'm aware you have prior experience with the tool. The answer would have been the same either way. As I said, AWB is a tool with the potential to disrupt the wiki on a large scale. You don't have the experience here necessary to know the differences between this wiki and your home wiki (much less the policies and guidelines here). If you are legitimately interested in contributing here with AWB (and not having an extra right on a wiki you don't edit), then please make more contributions here. Hiàn (talk/editing on mobile account) 14:27, 12 April 2019 (UTC)