wash is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /wɒʃ/, SAMPA: /wQS/
- (US) IPA: /wɑʃ/, SAMPA: /wAS/
- Audio (US)help, file
- Audio (UK)help, file
- (transitive & intransitive) When you wash something, you clean it with water.
- I wash my car every day.
Related words [change]
- The act of washing.
- He gave the dog a wash.
- The items for washing, before, after, or during the washing.
- He threw his dirty clothes in the wash.
- She brought the wash in from the clothesline.
- A failure.
- The program was a complete wash.
- His project is a wash.
Common Terminology [change]
- To be completely and utterly discouraged and burnt out.
- The Starcraft 2 servers were down and I was all washed up.