Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A type is one thing or a group of things that are all members of a larger group because of some similarity.
- I use the same type of camera at work.
- It's very hard to see the differences between the two types of bird.
- This type of snake is not dangerous to people.
- (countable) A type is a person who is like people from a particular group who are all similar in some way.
- He's not the usually football type.
- (uncountable) Type is letters that have been printed by a machine.
- The type in this book is too small to read.
- (countable & uncountable) Type is the blocks of metal with raised letters used to print text.
- With Gutenberg's movable type printing, books could be made using less money.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you type something, you write it using a keyboard.
- I typed up the letter very quickly, so I hope there are no mistakes.
- Please, type in your user name and password.
- I don't want handwriting. Please, type it.
- I can't type with all my fingers.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you type something, you put it into a particular group because of some group similarity.
- The Red Cross collects the blood and the technicians in the hospitals cross and type it.