- A tread is a step, as in walking.
- The old man moved with heavy tread across the road.
- A tread is a mark made by someone taking a step.
- The police searched the crime scene for tread marks.
- Tread is the part of a wheel, tyre, or a shoe that touches the road.
- The car left tread marks across the lawn.
- Tread is the surface pattern on a tyre.
- The car was not safe as there was very little tread left on the tyre.
- The tread on a stair is the part on which you put your foot.
- The wooden staircase had to be fixed by replacing the rotten treads.
- To tread is to take a step.
- The wooden bridge did not look safe so I had to tread carefully.
- To tread is to stand on, or crush.
- To make wine you need to tread on the grapes to squeeze out the juice.
This short entry needs someone to make it better. You can help Wiktionary by .