(this spelling is mostly British)
- toward (mostly American)
- (UK) IPA: /təˈwɔːdz/, SAMPA: /t@"wO:dz/
- (US) IPA: /tʊˈwɔːɹdz/ or /tɔːɹdz/, SAMPA: /tU"wO:r\dz/ or /tO:r\dz/
- Audio (US)help, file
- Facing or moving in the direction of something.
- We were walking towards the shop when she began feeling sick.
- Looking towards the east, we could see the city.
- She's moving towards quiting.
- I've always had strong feelings towards her.
- If you put money towards something, the money is to help pay for it.
- He's been saving money towards a new computer for school.
- close to
- Towards the end, we were getting very tired.