- A token is an individual symbol, representing something else.
- A postage stamp is a token to show you have paid the postal charge.
- A king's crown is a token to show his royal power and authority.
- A token can be a plastic or metal disc used instead of a coin.
- He had to put a token in the ticket machine to enter the station.
- A token is a small amount, purely symbolic.
- He was not interested in winning, so he only made a token effort.
This short entry needs someone to make it better. You can help Wiktionary by .