Thesis is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) A thesis is a long paper that university students at the masters or doctoral level write.
- I finished my coursework and have been working on my thesis for about a year now.
- She's writing her thesis on the effects of TV on children.
- (countable) A thesis is a main idea or argument that is developed or explained.
- This book has three major theses.
- If you're going to write about this, you're going to have trouble supporting your thesis.