quite is part of the Basic English 850.
- Very; much.
- The dog was quite little.
- She was quite good to me.
- Not very.
- The evening was quite dark and I saw a small frog jump across the road.
- (very) very, completely, entirely, totally, utterly, absolutely, extremely, fully, wholly, unequivocally, strongly, positively
- (fairly) fairly, rather, pretty, moderately, relatively, reasonably, somewhat, to a certain extent, considerably, comparatively
- (very) slightly, barely, merely, hardly, faintly, vaguely, a little, somewhat, weakly, indistinctly, imperceptibly
- (fairly) extremely, barely