- Something that is progressive has to do with progress
- In politics, someone who is progressive wants to make things better through new laws and methods
- A progressive tax is a tax that makes the rich pay a much higher amount of their money than the poor
- The progressive tense is made with a form of the verb "to be" and a verb with an "-ing" at the end
- The present progressive tense of "to go" is "I am going" or "You are going"; the past progressive tense of "to walk" is "He was walking" or "They were walking"