- A particular thing is the one that you mean and not any other.
- Usually it is not allowed, but in this particular case, it's OK.
- I don't see any way to solve this particular problem.
- A particular thing is a special or great one.
- She took no particular interest in what they were saying.
- If somebody is particular, they will accept only the best or only things that they like.
Related words [change]
- If you talk about something in particular, you mean that more than other; especially.
- It's true of many small cars, but the Honda in particular.
- In particular, I'd like you to think about the first problem.
- (countable) (usually plural) The particulars are the detailed information.
- The two stories are quite similar, though they differ in some particulars.
- We've spent a good deal of time considering the particulars of the situation.