- If something is male, it is of, for, or about men or boys.
- The boys can change in the male change room over there.
- This movie is good for a male audience.
- If a person, plant, or animal is male, it cannot have babies or eggs.
- The male dog is usually larger than the female.
- A male is a person, plant, or animal that cannot have babies or eggs.
- Three adult males left the bank at 2:14.
Usage note: Saying male to mean boy or man is right and common in some dialects. In other dialects male is used only as an adjective, and using it as noun is wrong. Using male to mean a plant or animal is more widely accepted.