- enPR: nīt
- IPA: /naɪt/ or IPA: /knaɪt/
- SAMPA: /naIt/
- Audio (US)help, file
- Audio (Massachusetts)help, file
- (countable) A knight was a man who fought in battles on a horse during the Middle Ages.
- The knights rode up to the castle and broke in.
- (countable) A knight is a person who has been given knighthood by a king or queen.
- (countable), (chess) A chess piece, often in the shape of a horse's head, that is moved two squares in one direction and one at right angles to that direction in a single move, leaping over any pieces in between.