- Your intent is what you have in your mind as you plan, goal, wish, etc.
- My original intent was to return it to her, but I was unable to do so.
- What he did was wrong, but it will be difficult to prove criminal intent.
- The details were hard to understand, but the general intent was clear.
Related words [change]
- for all intents and purposes/to all intents and purposes
- If you are intent on something, you have a strong plan to have or do it, and you won't let other things stop you easily.
- They were so intent on fishing, they didn't notice their boat was floating away.
- The cat was still, intent on the bird in the garden.