face is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A face is the front part of the head.
- His face was red with embarrassment.
- A look or expression on the face.
- He made a face at the bitter medicine.
- One side of a many-sided shape.
- A dodecahedron has twelve faces.
- (front of the head) countenance, features, mug, visage, facade
- (look) expression, look, appearance, air
- (side of a polygon) side, surface, aspect, elevation, facet
- If faces , the front of is pointing in the direction of .
- Please face me when I speak to you.
- The store faces the bank.
- It's hard to face the fact that his wife is gone.
- You have to face the bully.
- (to be opposite) be opposite, be in front of, stand in front of, stand facing, look toward
- (admit) admit, accept, be realistic, realize, bite the bullet
- (confront) confront, tackle, meet, cope with, challenge, deal with, play, handle, play against, be drawn against
- (to be opposite) be adjacent, be beside
- (admit) deny, refute, reject, rebuff, contradict, refuse, disallow, decline, renounce, disavow
- (confront) avoid, shun, steer clear of, let alone, evade, circumvent, get around, dodge, sidestep, elude, escape, prevent, forestall, preclude, avert
|Parts of the head (edit)|
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - nose - mouth - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary|