- (countable) An examination is a formal test, usually important and often at the end of a course.
- Did you pass the English examination last week?
- OK, class. Time is up. Please hand in your examination papers.
- (countable & uncountable) Examination is the act of looking at something very carefully.
- The teachers and parents worked together in a closer examination of the problems grade seven students face.
- The question of changing the law is currently under examination.
- On closer examination, we found that we had made a mistake.