- ever is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /ˈɛvə/, SAMPA: /"Ev@/
- (US) IPA: /ˈɛvɚ/, SAMPA: /"Ev@`/
- Audio (US)help, file
- Audio (UK)help, file
- If I ask you if you have ever been to France, I am asking if you have been to France at any time in your life.
- Have you ever met a king or queen?
- Ever may also mean always.
- I will love you forever and ever.
Where ever means "at any time" it is used mainly in questions and negatives.
- Incorrect: I have ever been to France.
- Correct: I have been to France.
- Correct: I haven't ever been to France.
- Correct: I have never been to France. ("Never" is used, not "ever")