- (UK) IPA: /ˈɛnvələʊp/, SAMPA: /"Env@l@Up/
- (UK) (nonstandard) IPA: /ˈɒnvələʊp/, SAMPA: /"Qnv@l@Up/
- (US) enPR: ĕn'və-lōp, IPA: /ˈɛnvəlop/, SAMPA: /"Env@lop/
- (US) (nonstandard) enPR: ŏn'və-lōp, IPA: /ˈɒnvəlop/, SAMPA: /"Qnv@lop/
- An envelope is a paper cover that you put a letter in to send it.
- She put the letter into the envelope, addressed it to Charles, and put a stamp on it.
- An envelope is a covering that goes all the way around something.
- Each virus has a special envelope of protein surrounding it.