- IPA: /dʌmi/
- A dummy is a model of a person. A dummy is often used to show clothes or test safety.
- The dress looked better on the dummy.
- The company uses dummies to test the new cars in crashes.
- (informal) A dummy is a person who is stupid; if someone is a dummy they are not intelligent.
- You got good grades, I know you are not a dummy.
- I got angry because they treated me like a dummy.
- Those guys are a bunch of dummies.
- I need easy instruction, something for dummies.
- A dummy is something that is not there but people act like its there for some purpose.
Related words [change]
- A dummy thing is something that is not there or is not the thing it is called.
- They used a dummy account to make the records look right.
- The card game has one dummy player for each real player.