drawer is part of the Basic English 850.
- noun 1 (box)
- noun 2 and 3 (person)
- A drawer is a box made of wood that is part of a piece of furniture (such as a desk); drawers can slide in and out so that people can put things into them.
- I keep my socks in the top drawer of the chest.
- A drawer is a person who draws.
- Did you draw this picture? Wow, you're a really good drawer.
- (finance) A person who writes a bank draft, check, or promissory note.
- We'll have to have a drawer draw up the promissory note.