Dimension is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A dimension is a part of a problem, issue, or situation.
- We need to consider some of the dimensions of the likely future needs for health care among older people.
- The baby has added a new dimension to our lives.
- (countable) A dimension is a direction of measurement in space time, usually width, depth, and height.
- The new viewer lets you examine the image in three dimensions.
- The dimensions of the football pitch can actually vary quite considerably with the length being anywhere from 90m to 120m.